An exciting pop-up community space is coming to Subiaco this autumn to help support local businesses, increase vibrancy, and create somewhere for people to relax and connect.
Subiaco Pop-up Square will feature an array of exciting events and activations including acoustic music sessions, light projections, garden workshops, a community art project, mini golf, and more.
There will also be plenty of time for people to come and enjoy the space without scheduled activities, whether that’s relaxing with a coffee or meeting up with friends to enjoy the autumn sun.
For just over six weeks, the corner of Rokeby Road and Churchill Avenue will be transformed into a vibrant, community piazza! Pop-in anytime, explore the space, connect with friends and join in one of the many activities programmed, including:
- Acoustic music sessions – Uncover incredible local musicians during select lunchtime and afternoon music sessions.
- Family mini golf – Tee-up with family and friends at pop-up mini golf.
- Light projections – Be mesmerised by a dancing display of lights projected on the stunning heritage building on Churchill Avenue.
- Garden workshops – An afternoon of herb and floral gardening, providing a sanctuary for worker (and honey) bees within the City.
- Community art project – You’re invited to decorate, paint and leave your mark on the pop-up canvas bringing a pop of colour and vibrancy to the town centre.
- Health and fitness – Spin classes, yoga, Pilates and healthy smoothies, join in a range of activities centred around health and wellbeing.
- Creative workshops – Let your creativity soar with a range of crafty activities, from flower-crown making to painting ceramic workshops.
The square will be in place for six weeks, over which time the community can give their feedback on the initiative, potentially inspiring similar projects in the future.
Subiaco Pop-up Square is being delivered by the City in partnership with RAC, through its Reconnect WA initiative, which aims to create vibrant streets and public spaces for Western Australians to interact and connect.
Local business owners, residents and workers were asked to help to shape the design of the space through a series of workshops and an online survey.
Subiaco Pop-up Square will be open from Thursday 25 March to Sunday 9 May.
For more information on the initiative click here.